The trauma and painful injuries associated with car accidents often leave accident victims vulnerable to the insurance companies that protect their profits at the victim’s expense. In fault-based insurance states like Texas, an injury victim must prove the at-fault party’s liability to gain compensation for their property damage, medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering. Unfortunately, untangling the legal complexities of this system while also dealing with painful injuries, medical treatment, and sometimes life-altering consequences of the accident is very hard on victims. Instead of taking on the legal system alone after an accident, it can be highly beneficial to hire a Frisco car accident lawyer to manage your accident claim while you focus on healing from your injuries and recovering from the trauma.
When Should I Hire an Attorney?
If you were not at fault for the accident, but instead, it was caused by another driver’s negligence or reckless actions on the road, they are responsible for the damages. The at-fault driver’s auto insurance company must provide the maximum compensation available for your damages. Unfortunately, insurance companies rarely write out large checks happily. Instead, they use common tactics to minimize payouts, like offering a low settlement very soon after the accident before the victim knows the true extent of their damages. By hiring an attorney as soon as you begin recovering from the accident and then directing all communications with the insurance company to your attorneys, your car accident lawyer will protect your interests throughout the claim process.
How Can A Car Accident Lawyer Help My Car Accident Claim?
A reputable car accident lawyer offers free consultations and only takes a fee after they secure your settlement or court award for damages, so you lose nothing by scheduling a consultation. A car accident attorney can benefit your case by doing the following:
- Handling all communication and negotiations with the insurance company
- Investigating all aspects of the accident and documenting evidence of liability by demonstrating the legal points required. This includes showing that the at-fault party owed a duty of care to take reasonable measures to prevent injury, they breached this duty, and their negligent breach directly resulted in the victim’s injury
- Carefully calculating damages so no avenue for compensation is missed
- Presenting the evidence to the at-fault party’s insurance company and crafting a compelling case for a settlement
- Negotiating for the maximum amount available in a settlement
- Taking the at-fault party to court if the insurance company refuses to offer an acceptable settlement amount
- Aggressively defending your rights and best interests in court to gain a positive jury verdict for damages
No one should have to tackle this complex process alone, and insurance companies may take unfair advantage of victims without legal counsel. Your attorney has access to important resources such as medical experts to prove the impacts of your injury on your ability to work and the level of pain associated with the injury. An experienced car accident attorney knows how to ensure you claim all damages available to you to maximize the amount of your compensation so you come out ahead even after they take their legal fee for representing you.
The Benefit of Experienced Counsel After a Car Accident
Thankfully, a car accident is a rare experience in most people’s lives so most accident victims don’t have the knowledge and experience required to get the most out of a car accident claim for damages. An experienced attorney has years of experience in navigating this system for their clients every day. By putting your financial recovery in your attorney’s hands, you can focus your energy and attention on physically recovering from your car accident injuries. Contact us for a free case evaluation today.